Old December 12th 15, 02:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
John B.[_6_]

Default O/T: knots

On Fri, 11 Dec 2015 15:53:09 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

Hi, this isn't about bicycles,...

I was reviewing knots from my old boy scout and sailing
daze, and could remember just four. Getting old sux -

There are plenty of well illustrated books. I figure
I can learn 10 - 12. So, I'm looking for suggestions, a list.

Why am I posting this question here? There must be a
few bike mechanics on this board, and mechanics
know lots of technical tricks - including maybe, rope -

Anyway, I'm looking for a 'most useful' list - so tell
not only which ones to focus on, but why, what's the app?

What knots one uses is very dependent on what one does :-) but on the
other hand one uses perhaps one or two in daily life so the rest are
immaterial.

A modern sailor, for example uses one or two (disregarding one's dress
shoes) the square knot and a bowline.
--
cheers,

John B.