Old February 2nd 09, 10:18 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
bluezfolk

Default How the Typical Mountain Biker Treats Horses and Other TrailUsers

On Feb 1, 12:26*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Sun, 1 Feb 2009 06:35:41 -0800 (PST), bluezfolk
wrote:

On Jan 31, 11:09*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
\"I have lived in Marin since the 50s and have been riding horses here

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Personally I've always considered riding a horse as being cruel to an
animal. *Making a 1000 pound horse carry 200 pounds of rider and
saddle etc. is like making a 200 pound human carry 40 pounds for no
reason. *Try walking around all day with a 40 pound pack on your back,
it gets tiring.

If tou ACTUALLY cared about horses, which you don't, you would
advocate banning mountain biking.

40 pounds for a 200-lb human is quite a light pack! I routinely carry
more than 1/4 of my weight for backpacking. You are only demonstrating
your ignorance.

Eric

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

So make that 50 pounds, but the horse has no choice whether or not to
carry it, you do. I guess you don't really care about horses either,
since they aren't "wildlife", just extremely dumb animals.

Eric

Eric