Old February 20th 07, 04:27 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
since10

Default need hill climbing advice

I have never been riding with another unicyclist so I have many
questions. When clinbing hills over 18% grade, What size wheels and
cranks should I expect to be using. My 700c with 170mm cranks is very
hard to climb these. On a 26 inch with 170's it is easier but the tire
only goes to 65psi and 80psi seems to be the minimum. Am I just an old
guy 50 pounds overweight and out of shape? Are other people climbing
up these types of hills easily? If so how are you doing it. What
should I expect to be climbing on my coker with 170mm cranks? When
other riders go for a hill climbing rides, are people going for 7-10
mile rides or more than that? Do riders use brakes on unicycles other
than their cokers. Is going down 18% grade without a brake standard or
foolish? THANKS FOR THE ADVICE

--
since10
since10's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14394