Old July 20th 09, 06:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Papa Tom[_2_]

Default HERE's how a bike accident story should be reported!

As another sad follow-up, a 16 year old from Rocky Point was killed on
Sunday when he was struck on his bicycle by a minivan on Rt 25A in
East Shoreham. The details of the story can be found at
http://www.newsday.com/news/local/ny...tory?track=rss
..

Draw your own conclusions and pounce on me if you need to, but I have
a feeling that my constant "calling out" of Newsday reporters on their
reporting habits has resulted in less biased reporting that protects
the honor of the cyclists/victims. That's all I ever wanted.