Old February 5th 11, 05:26 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

Default Wheelset

On 5/02/2011 10:59 AM, Chris Taylor wrote:
On Sat, 05 Feb 2011 04:42:27 +1100, Geoff Lock wrote:

On 4/02/2011 5:12 PM, Chris Taylor wrote:

Sorry for the lame question but what would you be looking for in a good
hub?

Want am I looking for.
well good free roller, Reliable hub, Price not important as I have had my
ultegra hubs 10 years that make them 6 dollars a year each. and I guess
now a cartridge bearing

Ah, I see. I guess they would all be sealed bearings nowadays.

Wonder if those sealed bearings are needle bearings or ball bearings or
something else completely? Got no clue myself other than having had a
discussion once with a fellow about bearings in general.

Anybody have links to x-sectional diagrams of cartridge bearings?