Old November 2nd 04, 03:08 PM
Mudflap

Default Biker killed by Pick up

Last Friday a bike rider was hit and killed by a pickup truck on a road
our club rides almost every week. Not many details are known yet but the
rider was a very experienced rider and rode often.
Here is a message from one of our club leaders. To me this is just
another senseless murder. I live in Prescott, AZ

************************

Most riders who have been in town for very long knew Steve Walters and
his love of cycling. As most of you now know, Steve was killed on a
morning bike ride on Williamson Valley Road Friday morning 10-29-04.
There will be a memorial service for him this Thursday evening
11-04-2004 at the old Sam Hill Warehouse that has access from both
Sheldon and Granite Streets back by the railroad trestle behind Granite
Creek Park. The service will be held at 7:00 p.m.

Steve's wife, Ann, lives in Mountain Club with their son, John. There
older son, Dan, attends college in New York. An account has been set up
in Ann Walter's name at the Stockman's Bank. All deposits to this
account will go toward Dan and John's education. There is a separate
fund at Prescott College in Steve Walters name. Steve was the Dean of
Adult Degree Programs there. These funds would be a great way to support
the family in lieu of flowers.