Old May 1st 08, 09:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

Default Riding at night: a strategy for survival?

On May 1, 3:45 pm, Jon Bendtsen wrote:
ComandanteBanana wrote:
Nothing new about it: The little furry mammals developed that strategy
to survive among the dinosaurs (which is why we are here)...

Anyway, now my next door neighbor wants to ride at midnight... And he
ain't one of those crazy bums on a Huffy. He even bought a vest with
blinking lights (DUI drivers and SUV drivers chatting on the cell

He could get a dynamo hub and some lights. The best dynamo
hub should be SON from Schmidt, but it's rather expensive.
The front and rear light could be from Busch + Muller, but
schmidt has a real nice LED light comming real soon now(tm).

See:
http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/schmidt.asp
http://www.bumm.de/index-e.html
http://www.nabendynamo.de/english/index.html

JonB

All those lights are nice so you can see, but to be seen all you need
is that blinking vest. I guess.