Old March 27th 05, 07:59 PM
Cheto

"Rich" wrote in message

I'm all for higher gas prices. That's about the only thing that will
get people to use less, thereby lessening our dependence on questionable
countries. SUVs are ineffecient, they need to be prices out of existance.

People who can afford the large, gas guzzling Pick-ups and SUV's aren't
going to be deterred by higher gas prices. All higher gas prices will do is
hurt the less affluent who have to drive to get to work and cause the price
of transporting everything we buy to go up, which will, of course, get
passed on to us.

Cheto