Old March 27th 05, 11:50 PM
Ken Marcet

"Chris Neary" wrote in message
True suv's and pick-ups are here to stay, but they may become less

common,
if they start to loose thier appeal to people who don't *need* them, like
the single guy down the block that has one just to try to impress the

women.

Actually, I read an article this week which stated truck-based SUV sale
volume has declined about 20% over the last several years. I would have
discounted this claim, except the quoted source was with Ford.

Yeah I think I may have heard the same thing, but we are still going to have
to suffer with all the BIG suv's until the go to the big car crusher in the
sky!

Consumers are beginning to understand the limitatations of these vehicles
and are switching to alternatives such as car-based (i.e, uni-body
construction) SUV's, which are significantly lighter, handle better, and

are
more fuel efficient (at least for equivalent performance).

Higher gas prices will only reinforce this trend.

Chris Neary

"We will teach our twisted speech to the young believers"
-- The Clash