Old April 23rd 04, 03:04 AM
Gary S.

Default The "Science" on Mountain Biking Impacts

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 19:59:28 GMT, " S o r n i"
wrote:

Gary S. wrote:

Just as Mikey should not be confused with real scientists, he should
also not be confused wtih real hikers.

I disagree. I think Mikey is a genuine tree-hugging, Sierra Club
card-carrying hiker -- equipped with the latest dirt-ripping lugged (if not
spiked) boots.

He just /says/ he walks barefoot in a lame attempt to hide his blatant
hypocrisy on the issue of trail damage and rampant insect carnage.

He loves his "selfish, destructive sport", and wants to keep it for himself
while denying other users the right to enjoy nature /the way they see
fit/...

He has ordered hikers to wear smooth soled boots, with obvious
disregard for hiking terrain and conditions outside his experience. I
have cooperated, and by using my boots enough, the lugs have worn
down.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA