Old April 23rd 04, 04:51 AM
Mike Vandeman

Default The "Science" on Mountain Biking Impacts

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 19:59:28 GMT, " S o r n i" wrote:

..Gary S. wrote:
..
.. Just as Mikey should not be confused with real scientists, he should
.. also not be confused wtih real hikers.
..
.. His version of hiking, essentially walking in a few parks near his
.. home, has little to do with the sort of hiking most people are doing.
.. His pronouncements on proper hiking shoes and equipment are just as
.. much a joke as his pronouncments on proper cycling gear.
..
.. Remember that he hates hiking, too, and as soon as he stops the evils
.. of mountain biking he will move towards banning hiking in any area
.. where wildlife lives or ever lived.
..
..I disagree. I think Mikey is a genuine tree-hugging, Sierra Club
..card-carrying hiker -- equipped with the latest dirt-ripping lugged (if not
..spiked) boots.

Never owned any of those stupid, expensive things.

..He just /says/ he walks barefoot in a lame attempt to hide his blatant
..hypocrisy on the issue of trail damage and rampant insect carnage.
..
..He loves his "selfish, destructive sport", and wants to keep it for himself
..while denying other users the right to enjoy nature /the way they see
..fit/...
..
..Bill "JMNSHO" S.
..