Old April 7th 09, 03:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
John[_17_]

Default Vintage De Rosa advice..To buy or not to buy?

I think that I am lucky to have come across a De Rosa SLX 35th anniversary
bike for sale with complete C-Record gruppo, campy tubular rims with CG/CX.
Pristine condition, ridden less than 200 miles. The following link is an
identical bike I have found online. My question is it as valuable as various
web sites might lead me to believe? He is selling for $800. I have
inspected the bike and except for a scuff on the seat stay, it is flawless.
Unfortunately the frame is a 62cm c-c...way too big for me but I appreciate
Italian steel and perhaps its worth the investment opportunity. Any advice
would be appreciated. How hard is it to sell a 62cm frame/bike? Would this
be a steal for $800 or is that about what its worth?
http://www.wooljersey.com/gallery/v/...ary/?g2_page=1
Thanks
John