Old September 2nd 18, 04:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: Face grease

Went to the farmer's markets today; didn't write anything, but this
scrap from the unfinished-drafts folder will be in season soon:

Getting ready to go for groceries this afternoon, I smeared my nose
and prominent parts of my face with stick sunscreen to keep out the
cold wind, then (because it was sunny) put on a lotion of higher SPF
to cover any spots I'd missed.

Which reminded me of the primary rule of greasing the face: put the
thicker grease on first: jelly can be spread on peanut butter, but
Peanut butter doesn't stick to jelly.

Back when I could ride on days when I got salty slush thrown into my
face, I'd put on lipstick first, then petroleum jelly, and finally
olive oil.

It's officially spring, the daffodils have buds, and I can see the
tips of tulip leaves. Won't be long before I'm looking for sunscreen
that doesn't have grease in it.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net