Old December 23rd 12, 12:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.net.news.moderation
Dave - Cyclists VOR

Default Absurd urcm decision

On 23/12/2012 12:07, Bertie Wooster wrote:
Don't get me wrong - I think that David Lang enjoys stirring up
trouble with cyclists,

Who me?

and appears to be crass and ignorant;

Is that why I consistently make you look foolish?

the quality of his decking is atrocious to boot.

How many decks have you built in the last 10 years Cwispie?

Oh, I remember now - none.

Do you know which way up the boards go?

However, this rejection
in urcm in response to a post of mine is ridiculous.

At last we agree on something.

=================================
On 15/11/2012 19:25, Bertie Wooster wrote:
The Greenwich Foot Tunnel is part of National Cycle Route 1, Dover to
Shetland, and the Woolwich Foot Tunnel is the furthest downstream 24
hour crossing of the River Thames for cyclists and pedestrians.

http://853blog.com/2012/10/12/foot-t...nches-inquiry/

=====Quote=====
Greenwich Council is to launch an independent inquiry after the
collapse of a £11m project to refurbish the Greenwich and Woolwich
foot tunnels, it has been revealed. Both tunnels have been left
uncompleted and in a poor condition following the failure of the
scheme, which began in April 2010. Now Greenwich Council is taking
legal action against three contractors, after it was forced to step in
and run the scheme itself.
=====/Quote=====

I understand that it has been necessary to erect barriers to prevent
cyclists illegally riding in the pedestrian tunnels.

Shouldn't cyclists dismount & push their bicycles through the pedestrian
tunnels?

=================================

Why should I be barred from responding to his polite and reasonable
question in the moderated group?

Other than being too thick you mean?

Perhaps the moderators are moderating on poster not content.

Seems that way. Psycholists are unable to accept any form of criticism.

vehicle fit only for the poor and/or strange," Dave Horton, of Lancaster
University, wrote in an interim assessment of the Understanding Walking
and Cycling study. "For them, cycling is a bit embarrassing, they fail
to see its purpose, and have no interest in integrating it into their
lives, certainly on a regular basis."