Old May 8th 17, 09:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default 14 year-old Campy Record shifts like new...

On 5/8/2017 2:56 PM, Duane wrote:
On 08/05/2017 3:45 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 5/8/2017 2:37 PM, Duane wrote:
On 08/05/2017 3:27 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 5/8/2017 1:33 PM, wrote:
On Monday, May 8, 2017 at 9:06:57 AM UTC-5,
wrote:

It's no surprise that not only have they survived but
they still work
almost as well as new.

The problem is even when new, the old stuff did not work
nearly as
well as any of the new stuff today. Kind of like a fool
saying the
drum brakes and carburetor on his 65 Pontiac was better
than the new
fancy dandy computer cars today.

Agreed, dependable/repairable/cheap is not the same as
best performance.
People have personal preferences based on various
not-shared criteria.

That said, after the Chinese run their high altitude EMP
device, my
no-electronics cars will run and yours won't.

You have a crank on the front of that model A Andrew?
Unless you mean your bike and then I'm all in with that
idea.

12V electrical system without semiconductors, EPROMS or ICs.

p.s. Model T had a crank (at first anyway through 1919),
model A are
electric start. I own neither.

No electronics on my bikes either.

No, I don't have electronics on my bike except my garmin and
after the bomb, I figure I won't need that.
But it's been a while since I've seen a car without an
electronic ignition.

A matchbook and some meatware are sufficient for setting
mechanical breaker points.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/