Old May 10th 17, 09:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Shimano Headset

On 2017-05-09 17:39, AMuzi wrote:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfr...ast/hp6207.jpg

In the lower picture you can see what I mentioned in another thread:
Fixed wrenches, in contrast to adjustable ones, are always larger than
the nuts. Have to be in order to account for tolerances. So they never
grab cleanly which will wear the nut over time and also ding it. Some
people are very particular about the appearance of their ride for
whatever reason.

What helps against cosmetic nut damage is to stick Kapton tape on the
wrench insides or the nut. I place it onto the wrenches because then I
can use it over and over again.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/