Old October 10th 17, 01:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default DRIVERLESS ELECTRIC CARS

On 10/9/2017 6:45 PM, Doug Landau wrote:
On Sunday, October 8, 2017 at 8:27:41 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Sunday, October 8, 2017 at 7:20:16 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 10/8/2017 3:46 PM, Doc O'Leary wrote:
For your reference, records indicate that
Jeff Liebermann wrote:

It's highly likely that we're going to have driverless cars inflicted
upon the American public either the choice of government edict. My
guess(tm) is that such driverless cars will need to communicate with
each other and with some manner of central traffic authority via some
kind of mesh network. It's this network that controls which roadway
the vehicles will travel, distributes the traffic to prevent
bottlenecks, and hopefully helps prevent accidents. If bicycles are
going to continue riding on the same roads, they will need to check
into the same mesh network that will be used by cars, buses, trucks,
and such in order to be deemed safe.

That’s quite a leap. The streets are and will continue to be full of
vehicles that *aren’t* going to be part of that sort of network for a
long, long time.

Agreed. Yesterday, a friend and I attended an event somewhere east of
his home and west of mine. He arrived in his 1930 Model A. I arrived on
my 1972 motorcycle.

Also: We spent today walking and biking around a major city. That meant
frequently negotiating with motorists as we walked across streets using
crosswalks. As has been pointed out many times, the per-mile fatality
rate for pedestrians is triple that of bicyclists.

So: Transponders in shoes?

I rode past a school and there was a car show on the field consisting of virtually every sports car built before 1960.

Including the foomobile?

Probably I was thinking you don't see an Hispano-Suiza, a
Mercedes-Simplex and a Talbot together very often nowadays.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/