Old January 4th 19, 01:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Rain or snow - which do you prefer to ride in?

I ride my bicycle all year round which means I ride it in both rain and snow. To me rain or snow have certain advantages and disadvantages over each other. I like the rain because once it stops the roads are soon dry again. However, I sometimes prefer the snow because when it's dry snow falling you don't have to worry as much about getting wet like you do if it's raining and you've left your rain gear at home. However again, I don't like deep snow when it's been only salted and not plowed which turns it into a grease-like substance that has not traction for anything. Snow too can hide holes and or cracks in t he road surface and those holes or cracks can deflect a front wheel.

So for those of you who ride in both rain and snow, which do you prefer?

Cheers