Old January 6th 19, 02:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie
external usenet poster

Default No reason an economist shouldn't be witty

On Saturday, January 5, 2019 at 5:57:25 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
On Saturday, January 5, 2019 at 7:59:25 PM UTC, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Saturday, January 5, 2019 at 1:42:16 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Friday, January 4, 2019 at 2:42:34 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
Worth watching not only for the sensible economics but for the cracks in the questions afterwards about the American nastiness of insulting half the populace that they voted for Putin's candidate:
Yanis Varoufakis | The Euro Has Never Been More Problematic | Oxford Union
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhSg9X3q2gc

For those who don't know, besides being an economist, Yanis Varoufakis is a famous Greek motorcyclist.

Andre Jute
Common sense

The actions of the Democrats have been vaguely familiar from my grade or jr. high. I remember a teacher going on about a group that were extremely anti-American and pro-world power. These people founded the UN and the EU later.

They were called Technocrats and he thought of them as a threat to America. Since he had served in WW II we all listened with respect and the idea of him being a loon never occurred to us.

But every time I've been hearing the Democrats that has come back to me. The Technocrats belief was that the average man was not smart enough to take care of himself or this world. Sound familiar? Hearing that we were deplorables and lately 10 tooth yokels really rang that bell. So I went looking and here's what I discovered - it is the better part of an hour but I couldn't find it on YouTube which is also highly Technocrat.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...2E&FORM=V IRE

Why not take all this political crap to a POLITICAL Newsgroup or Forum?

Cheers

Are you suggesting, Ridealot, that cyclists are one-dimensional? If you are, some where will surely take offence.

By the way, your characterisation of this thread as "crap" is by definition trolling, once more supporting my belief that you're the biggest troll on RBT after the wretched Krygowski and Slow Johnny.

Could you possibly dispense with the dopey nicknames like "Slow Johnny" and "wretched Krygowski" -- or whatever epithet you have at any particular moment for Frank. Really, you're an adult. Fifth grade behavior should be reserved for fifth graders and presidents -- and not adults.

-- Jay Beattie.
Ads

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home