Old September 14th 17, 10:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Is there an updated Dynotest somewhere?

On 9/14/2017 4:02 PM, jbeattie wrote:

As for dynos, I have to re-wire my mood light and get it up and running, maybe buy a bar mount since I no longer have a through-hole in my fork crown (such are modern CF forks on a disc bike -- and I'm not going to drill CF).

That sounds to me like a big disadvantage of a CF fork: the lack of a
mounting hole for a light, a front rack, or anything else.

I don't much like bike headlights at handlebar height. ISTM I get much
better illumination of the road when the headlight's about 24" to 28"
above the road. And it doesn't interfere with my handlebar bag (or
vice-versa) nor by packages in a front basket, etc. Also, less chance of
glare in my eyes.

--
- Frank Krygowski