Old April 23rd 15, 05:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_4_]

Default TMS 320 finally admits that cyclists are sponging freeloader!

On 23/04/2015 11:19, Bod wrote:
On 23/04/2015 09:59, Peter Keller wrote:
On Thu, 23 Apr 2015 08:58:11 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 23/04/2015 08:23, Bod wrote:
On 22/04/2015 18:42, Bod wrote:
On 22/04/2015 18:00, Bod wrote:
On 22/04/2015 11:56, TMS320 wrote:
"JNugent" wrote
On 21/04/2015 23:49, TMS320 wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote

As a motorist, I don't mind paying for facilities I use.

That's a bit rich when you have insisted several times that
you don't have a car and use your wife's. A word comes to
mind...

...ah yes, sponging.

Cyclists should do the same.

A person on a bicycle is not a car in front. That is an
efficient use of the taxes I pay for my car.

In what way do your taxes flow to the cyclist?

What an odd question. Not having a car in front is of benefits
me when I am in my car.

Far worse to have cyclist in front doing 12mph, or if going up a
slight incline, 8mph.

Have you not mastered how to overtake yet?

You mean "safely overtake"?

In which case, yes.

When overtaking a dangerously slow and unstable vehicle,
susceptible to violent direction changes due to slight winds or
minor road imperfections - in other words, a push bike - you have
to be very careful.

Otherwise they whinge endlessly about wanting a 3 metre safety
space.

Do you have the same problem overtaking a horse?

Nice try, no cigar.

(1) There are very few equestrians on our roads, compared to the
thousands of road lice cyclists.
(2) People like horses and hate cyclists.

There are no cyclist haters around here.

Silly me!

People just act courteously with each other. You must live in a rough
area. I've never encountered a problem on the roads whether I'm
driving or riding my bike in this neck of the woods.

Where's that? Fantasy Island?

No, just a village with decent human beings.

Are you implying that the Medway Handyman is indecent?

No, but he seems to have a disturbing interest in childrens toy bicycles.

All bicycles are children's toys. Most people grow out of them.