Old May 18th 21, 07:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ted Heise

Default Flat again today but prepared.

On Tue, 18 May 2021 13:51:42 -0400,
Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 5/17/2021 10:23 PM, pH wrote:

I can't believe the guys who bike tour without a tent!

When my wife and I were first getting into backpacking in the
1970s, _the_ instructional book to read was _The Complete
Walker_ by Colin Fletcher. One of his major points was "you
don't need a tent." He advocated sleeping under the stars, or
at most, a tarp.

This was my favorite when I was getting started in the 70s:

Backpacking: One Step at a Time

by Harvey Manning

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...46-backpacking

It was a really enjoyable read. Now, I doubt I'll ever go
backpacking again. The body just doesn't seem up for it.

In a subsequent edition, he realized that there are places that
have mosquitoes.

Heh. WHo knew?

--
Ted Heise West Lafayette, IN, USA