Old November 18th 04, 10:25 PM
richard

[Not Responding] wrote:
Forecasts have been vaguely forecasting snow around the place. Any
sign of it near you? There's not a cat's chance of me (ever) seeing
any here in the sunny strawberry fields on the South Coast, so I await
reports with great envy.

Sheffield, oh yes. My (top-ish) end got about 3/4" that is now turning
to slush, so if it freezes overnight it'll make tomorrow morning quite
interesting. It's brilliant when it does snow heavily, though - all
the cars go bumper to bumper on the major arteries, leaving all the
minor roads blissfully quiet (last winter, for example, I rode into work
and thought most people were staying home that morning until I hit the A57.

R.