Old November 19th 04, 09:11 PM
Pyromancer

Upon the miasma of midnight, a darkling spirit identified as Arthur
Clune gently breathed:
Pyromancer wrote:

: Next year I think I'll investigate the gearing options, if today's
: experiences bear out. The fastest I can sensibly pedal the bike just
: now is 18mph, would be nice to cruise faster than that on the level,
: againsterlies permitting.

Even on a MTB, this means you are pedaling way too slowly. Now you've
got your saddle up, work on spinning your legs faster. It'll seem odd
at first but does work.

At some point I want to get one of the bike computers that does cadence,
to replace the seven quid fifty cheapie speedo I'm using at the moment,
might try it then. Still think I need a bigger gear for flat out,
though I don't want to lose the low ratios I've got for going up really
steep hills. What's the best way to do this - bigger big chainring and
leave the others as they are? I assume at some point the difference in
ring size will make changing gears harder?

--
- Pyromancer Stormshadow.
http://www.inkubus-sukkubus.co.uk -- Pagan Gothic Rock!