Old October 27th 10, 01:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Peter Cole[_2_]

Default Folklore Quebecois

On 10/27/2010 12:43 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote:

Don't neglect Pandora Radio, www.pandora.com

Once you register, you create your own internet radio station(s) by
typing in the name of an artist or group you like. It attempts to
find similar artists or similar pieces of music and puts them in your
playlist. You can further refine as time goes on by voting specific
tunes up or down. And you can establish multiple "stations" for
different kinds of music.

It's worked well for me with several genres. I haven't tried
Quebecois, but I bet it would handle that well.

I'm a big Pandora fan now. I never used it much in the last few years
(or its ilk) because I don't listen to music much at the computer. Then
I got a "Chumby" and put in the kitchen (with amplified speakers) for
"WiFi radio". We did the same thing with various MP3 players over the
years, but Pandora is a better solution in many ways.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...rodid=11529965

I'm completely switched over to streaming now, for both audio and video.
I'd do it just to get away from commercials. Oddly, I still subscribe to
a couple of magazines and a daily paper, and read real books. I suppose
that will change eventually.