Old January 13th 13, 10:56 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

Default Mountain Biking Carnage

On Sunday, January 13, 2013 1:55:50 PM UTC-8, Blackblade wrote:
If you had any sense, which you obviously don't, you would admit that I'm right. If you think you are right tell me again about my masters in statistics! IDIOT. You really are getting desperate aren't you ? Either that, or you have forgotten what you have previously written. I suppose that much ordure must affect the brain ! From your own website "I have an M.A. in Mathematics (including study in Statistics) from Harvard University."

So where do you see "Masters in Statistics"? Can't you even READ?????

So, stop equivocating and address the fundamental issue; you, who claim to know statistics, are observing a very rare occurrence of death for an activity which is daily engaged in by tens of millions.

Another lie.

You can try and obfuscate all you like but you know that this means that the likelihood of such an events is incredibly low. Of course, it's not zero so there will be some deaths ... but, critically, far less than die from many many other factors.

That's not the point. The point is that moubntain biking is far more dangerous than anything you mentioned. Danger isn't measured by total deaths, but by deaths per hour of the relevant activity. You are only demonstrating your utter ignorance of statistics.

And, PS, Harvard is only ranked fourth in the world ...http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datab...ties-2012#data

So what degree did you get, and where? I know you are bluffing, or you would have told us already!