Old July 31st 17, 07:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default New bike for Jay

On 2017-07-31 11:37, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Monday, July 31, 2017 at 2:00:33 PM UTC-4, Joerg wrote: Snipped
Quote: "Carry and consume one 16-24oz bottle of plain water,
plus one extra 16-24oz bottle of an energy drink for each hour
on the bike".

Snipped
It's not my equation, it is recommended by sports medicine guys and
they know a thing or two about dehydration. I assume they
calculated for heavy riding where you pump out close to as much as
your body will give at the current weather conditions. Note they
say "per hour", not "per xx miles".

The same sports medicine guys who used to recomend that runners and
other athletes drink so much water during exercise that some runners
and athletes died of hyponatremia or water intoxication.

Or are those sports medicine guys getting a kickback from the energy
drink people?

Performance Bike getting kickbacks from energy drink people? Sometimes I
wonder just what you are smoking.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/