Old August 1st 17, 03:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default New bike for Jay

On 7/31/2017 6:19 PM, wrote:
On Monday, July 31, 2017 at 2:48:24 PM UTC-7, Duane wrote:

Hammer Heed gets a bit expensive so I'm trying these Nuun tablets. Easier
to deal with and no sugar.

I have no personal experience with the stuff, but the ultramarathoner in
our family uses Nuun.

Try Red Bull. That is the only stuff I've tried that I can actually feel getting into my system and improving my performance.

I've felt the pleasant kick from several of the gooey gel products
containing caffeine. I've also experienced a great recovery from
Mountain Dew.

On a hot and fast (for me) ride last year, I was dying at about 35
miles. We stopped at a Dairy Queen to cool down and I had two cups of
Dew before the ten miles or so to the end. Afterwards the ride leader
told me "You took off like a bat out of hell!"

He exaggerated, but I did finish before him, feeling fine.

--
- Frank Krygowski