Old August 3rd 20, 12:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

Default LBS owner's essay

On Sun, 02 Aug 2020 12:25:49 -0700, sms wrote:

Because it was widely used I would expect a long-time store to have some
in their shop.

sadly, some parts are just not economical for them to stock.

Andrew's store had them. And to be fair, at least
Off-Ramp had the somewhat compatible Sturmey-Archer nuts that Sheldon
said could be used in a pinch.

But the point I was making is that an LBS can't get upset when you order
stuff online that they have no interest in selling anyway.

For me, it s 27" tubes and tyres. All the local BS have moved to only
stocking whatever the latest fashion is.