Old August 5th 20, 12:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default LBS owner's essay

On Sunday, August 2, 2020 at 6:19:37 PM UTC-5, news18 wrote:
On Sun, 02 Aug 2020 12:25:49 -0700, sms wrote:

Because it was widely used I would expect a long-time store to have some
in their shop.

sadly, some parts are just not economical for them to stock.

Andrew's store had them. And to be fair, at least
Off-Ramp had the somewhat compatible Sturmey-Archer nuts that Sheldon
said could be used in a pinch.

But the point I was making is that an LBS can't get upset when you order
stuff online that they have no interest in selling anyway.

For me, it s 27" tubes and tyres. All the local BS have moved to only
stocking whatever the latest fashion is.

With 27" tubes, the 700C tubes work exactly the same. No need for different labeled tubes. Now 27" tires and 700C tires are different and not interchangeable. Tubes are interchangeable. Presta and schraeder are interchangeable in one direction only.