Old December 24th 09, 06:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Waiting for a Christmas Miracle... or just a Festivus one.

On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 09:31:39 -0800 (PST), Anton Berlin
wrote:

Kunich... Really? Not even an attempt at getting a sliver of cred
back?

It's like you've given up Tom. You didn't even try to fake a
photo. You could have photoshopped something. Maybe try scouring
the LBSs in your area and finding by chance a broken fork similar to
the one you made up?

Tom, there are 100s of people in this room, lurking, just watching,
maybe even wanting to believe in a Christmas miracle.

With a little effort you can make their Christmas dreams come true.

Go find one of these 'high end' ITM forks for $39.99 and beat it
against your face and body until you're sufficiently bloodied and
bruised and the fork breaks to resemble this fantasy you've wrote
about.

Then get a friend....(ok, we don't need a true miracle here) so just
use the timer on the digital camera, get some photos and post them on
RBR.

Despite the fact we all know you were lying all along... seeing your
bloodied and in pain face would make a lot of Christmas dreams come
true.

Man, I really don't get you or your idea of proof or your need
thereof. My last major accident, I cut the spokes out of the wheels
(both tacoed) while waiting for my wife to show up with the car and
tossed all but the hubs at the trash can nearby. Why carry **** home
when my garage is already full to the gunwales? Yeah, I have scars to
prove it happened, but I wasn't looking at those as positives (if you
hit the post face first, wire rim glasses are a bitch, helmet or no
helmet).

And no, not everyone saves things for their personal injury lawyer. It
has to clear the disclaimer and cost issues and that at $ 250 an hour
or better. If you walk away and aren't about to miss any work, guess
what, you probably aren't going to justify a lawyer.

You need to let go. I think I went through my divorce with less
baggage than you seem to be carrying here. 'Course, when her lawyer
fell over dead, it helped the venting. Not that I am suggesting that
you go make a lawyer go hyper or anything, but you need to do
something. The rest of us have decided that whatever his reason, Tom
has decided to not respond to you and that's the way it is. Need to
live with it. Some people think that is a good thing, BTW.

God, I hate this unnatural role of being the voice of reason. This is
the last time this year. I promise. Not even all that good at it.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...