Old August 19th 03, 03:05 AM
Dan J.S.

Default 4x4 choices for bikes and surf fishing... and family

"B a r r y B u r k e J r ." wrote
in message ...
On 16 Aug 2003 21:45:01 GMT, "Clay-in-Ky" wrote:

"James Y. Yang" wrote in message
. com...
we're looking for a second car, and i'd like to get something that can
go onto the beaches here in nc (and elsewhere). i'm a longtime pier
fisher, but will be new to the beach and surf. it *is* necessary to
get a good 4x4 as a fisherman in nc, isn't it? i've heard there are
good parks to go camping at also, where you need 4x4 capability?

Check out the Subaru Outback. Way more interior space than many
averaged sized SUV's. It's also much easier to get bikes up on the
roof.

Outback simply SUCK for beach riding. I almost lost mine in Kauai. Yes, I
took the air down to 20psi and all that funky stuff. It doesn't have a real
4x4 and only the wheel with least resistance spins. I know, I have a lot of
scars to prove it - trying to get it out.

A 4 runner towed me out - for a case of beer.