Old July 7th 04, 07:07 AM
Pippen

Default Polar 720i (710) Power Meter Performance

I'm currently interested in the Polar Power Meter for the 720/710 HRM. I
have researched the web and have a pretty good idea as to how they compare
to the SRM and the Power Tap. I'm looking for individual feed back, not so
much on accuracy as consistency. I should metion that I currently have a
720i and I'm not willing to sink another $700 (Power Tap) to $1500 + (SRM)
on another system.

Most of the sites I found using google dealt with accuracy which the Polar
falls behind compared to the others mentioned above. I don't care if I'm 40
watts off actual on a particular climb only that the next time that I ride
that climb I'm still 40 watts off the actual wattage.

I know that this is very difficult if not impossible to test. What I'm
looking for is gut feeling on consistency of this power meter...

Thanks,

-p