Old July 9th 04, 03:43 AM
Andy Coggan

Default Polar 720i (710) Power Meter Performance

"Pippen" wrote in message
I'm currently interested in the Polar Power Meter for the 720/710 HRM. I
have researched the web and have a pretty good idea as to how they compare
to the SRM and the Power Tap. I'm looking for individual feed back, not so
much on accuracy as consistency. I should metion that I currently have a
720i and I'm not willing to sink another $700 (Power Tap) to $1500 + (SRM)
on another system.

Most of the sites I found using google dealt with accuracy which the Polar
falls behind compared to the others mentioned above. I don't care if I'm

40
watts off actual on a particular climb only that the next time that I ride
that climb I'm still 40 watts off the actual wattage.

I know that this is very difficult if not impossible to test. What I'm
looking for is gut feeling on consistency of this power meter...

The answer to your question can be found by perusing the archives of the
wattage list on topica.com:

http://www.topica.com/lists/wattage/read

Andy Coggan