Old August 20th 05, 05:40 PM
SoCalMike

Default Are these okay? - 48cc bicycle motors

wrote:
These kits are junk. By the time you get it fitted you could have bought a
Honda scooter that was made for the motor in it.

The cheapest scooter I've seen is a $650 chinese throw-away (it's too
expensive to fix when it wears out, so you replace it). The cheapest
true moped I've seen is $950. This is a fraction of the cost. If the
engine wore out it two years, it would be cheap to replace it.

maybe, if the importer is still around in 2 years. sure would be nice if
that kit used a standard poulan, tecumseh, or otherwise easily available
engine.