Old May 17th 12, 11:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

Default Cyclists should do more to help themselves

On Thu, 17 May 2012 16:40:46 +0100, "Mr Benn" wrote:

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/Gu...ail/story.html

Beth Jinks, personal injury solicitor for Rothera Dowson, on calls by crash
expert Dr Donal McNally for a 20mph speed limit in built up areas to protect
cyclists...

I see that there is a comment made - I wonder if it is anyone we know:

by NumbNuts2012
Thursday, May 17 2012, 11:12PM

Did the personal injury lawyer really say that :

If a cyclist caused an accident or injured someone, the person affected would
not be able to claim back the cost of damage to their vehicle, compensation or
rehabilitation for any injury, as cyclists do not need to be insured on the
road.

Perhaps it is time to go back to law school.

I am however fed up of being nearly hit by cyclist on the footpath - it is
becoming an all to common occurrence.