Old November 30th 04, 04:59 AM
coowoowoo

Default It was a sickly sight on st kilda rd today..

8.40am.. I was enjoying the luxury of a lift to work rather than bein
on the bike as per normal. Then it started, and a sick feeling sprea
through my stomach as i saw the crumpled cyclist lying on st kilda roa
southbound. The poor sod had been car doored by yet another clueles
driver who obviously failed to look before flinging open his door
Then, as i sat there (on the other side of the road by the way)
watched the driver try to pull him up by his left arm. The cyclist wa
lying on his right side not moving.. You see, if you yank up the victi
and get them on their feet, maybe you can ease your guilt more.
Some walkers and another cyclist helped and i saw a lady making a phon
call. NOT THE DRIVER ..... because he was paying more interest in hi
scratched car door than than the man on the ground..
Some praise for our Ambo's as i heard the sirens within about 3 mins.
also saw a cop car going in the same direction. I hope it was going t
the scene.

To the crumpled cyclist on the road,.. i wish you a speedy recover
should you ever read this..I have been lucky to have only eve
experienced the near misses and not the actual connection.
I shall be extra vigilent tomorrow when back on the bike.

--
coowoowoo