Old October 12th 19, 04:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joy Beeson

Default Beginner question

On Sat, 12 Oct 2019 06:22:13 +0700, John B.
wrote:

Most of the formula use height and in-seam measurements use . Try
https://www.bicycle-guider.com/bike-...ke-size-chart/ and
compare it with your current bike, but beware that this fits you to
the bicycle, i.e., essentially the distance from the seat to the pedal
at the bottom of its stroke and if your problem is getting from the
ground to the top of the thing you will need to change these
measurements. But beware that the closer the seat is to the ground the
shorter the distance from the seat to the pedal will be and you may
find yourself pedaling with bent knees which can be uncomfortable as
well as inefficient.

Seat height is easly adjusted; it concerns me more that a shorter seat
tube implies a shorter top tube, and I'm perfectly happy once I get
aboard.

A mixte of the same height would be perfect, but nowadays people think
that "mixte" is another way to spell "drop frame".

Which reminds me that I used to know a very heavy rider who had a
custom diamond-mixte -- it had both a top tube and a pair of mixte
stays, and the rack was part of the frame. He delighted in showing
that the rack would support his considerable weight.

("Know" in the sense of acquaintence of an acquaintence.)

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net