Old September 9th 05, 11:38 AM
catzz66

Default Shimano best to worst list

Paul Hobson wrote:

My "entry-level" road bike has Sora components on it. I still think
it's great! It shifts quickly, accurately and precisely. While it's
true that I can't reach the thumb lever from the drops, I still like it.
I really can't imagine how the cost difference between any other group
would be worth it to a casual rider.

My backup bike is RX100 equipped and works just fine. If that is down
on Shimano's list, I am doing all right. Does anybody recall when RX100
was discontinued? I think my older bike was from about 1999. The
shifters were upgraded to Ultegra at some point, which probably makes a
lot of difference.