Old May 27th 14, 03:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Blackblade[_2_]

Default Mountain bikers are a scourge wherever they are found

Your "real data" stinks. I have provided many reports of

actual events in specific locations from various media.

You haven't provided anything ... you've simply referenced copy

from journalists.* That's not even trying to be objective and to discern a
position ... it's simple reporting.

That is good enough for me ... and everyone else too - except
you.

So something from a journalist who is simply filing a report, ideally one that will be sufficiently sensational to attract interest, is suddenly more valuable in determining what is occurring overall than that from an unbiased researcher actually trying to do objective research and discover the real position ? I despair of your logic.

Use has changed over time .. and certainly over the last 20

years.* Live with it.

It only changed in the very recent past. The status quo ante
is what must be reacquired.

No Ed, things move forward ... not back.

All serious hikers think exactly like me.

I very very much doubt it Ed ... they're not all monomaniacal

egomaniacs.

I prefer to hike by myself, but when I do occasionally hike
with others, they agree with me. Bicycles do not belong on trails any more than
motorcycles do.

So, I reiterate, you meet next to no-one so how is that supposed to be representative of a population of tens or hundreds of millions worldwide ?

You're fully entitled to your opinion ... but you cannot assume that this is commonly shared.