Old September 19th 19, 05:36 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill

Default Enough is enough

We have a great road network, unfortunately it is infested with cars.

Even places with plenty of cheap flat land for emergency lanes and/or bike lanes look more scenic with fewer motor vehicles.

Any infant knows this. A baby will see a passing cyclist and his head will lock onto the movement with the smoothness of an hydraulic actuator. A baby will rarely do this with a motor vehicle.

This point needs to be emphasized more as the beauty of cycling and cyclists isn't a minor luxury to be occasionally enjoyed by the general public.

It's a basic human right for everyone. Thomas Paine would have included cycling in _Rights of Man_ if bicycles had been invented back then.

I suggest we stop issuing any more driving licences. New drivers can put their name on a waiting list until a current licence holder dies or surrenders their licence for medical reasons or gets disqualified for criminal activity such as speeding.

Start off taxing carbon. Then start taxing footprint area occupied by a vehicle. Then start taxing rubber . . .

Tax ugly.

Bret Cahill