Old July 12th 18, 11:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sepp Ruf

Default Another crash.

Doug Landau wrote:

2nd crash in 3 years. 2nd crash in 23 years.

Clearly looks like a conspiracy!

And I was having such a great ride, too. And a great day. 22 miles into
a 50 mile to-town-for-lunch and back, and was about 100 yards away from
said lunch, at subways, in minden nevada, having left the hiway, entered
a parking lot, took a drink (my first of the day, for whatever reason)
with my left hand and failed to notice a goddam ****ing black rubber
speedbump. And then it was like - like oh **** this is gonna hurt

The only thing worse than taking the first drink of the day at a black
speedbump is -- dehydration setting in at a series of blue speedbumps:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oecvYFq_wi0

I think I was going a decent clip - meaning between 15 n 20 - i think
That was Jun 29. I got my first pin. In my thumb. Only $15K. My
headache is gone but the stitches are kinda ug- well its too early to
say

Worrying about cosmetic details is good news: You are indeed recovering!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fl582jkkon...toast.jpg?dl=0

But how is the bike doing?