Old July 23rd 03, 04:42 PM
Ken

Default Group ride questions

(Tom) wrote in news:ae755ef4.0307222029.9811146
@posting.google.com:
1. What's a recovery ride with tempo pace?
2. Some rides are listed as "A", "B", or "C" road. What does this
mean?

Those terms vary depending on the club. Call the ride leader and ask what
the pace will be like and about regroups, etc. In some clubs, "A" is the
fastest speed and in others, "A" is the slowest.

4. When riding alone, I average 16-17 mph. What pace should I be able
to maintain in a group?

Your pace will be about the same. Don't try drafting on your first group
ride. Most groups riding at that speed don't draft much anyway.