Old July 15th 03, 04:52 PM

Default First century, first ultra, first double metric

jacques wrote:
: It must be fun to ride in daylight at midnight.

Well it's not easily done this far South :-) But friends of mine
say I'll soon be going to Ivalo and back on a bike, might be worth
trying then... :-)

Guess you are right: excessive hours of daylight make it easier to
ride excessively long. (But you could just get a decent lighting
system, and pack a load of batteries in other locales...)
Something to try next season :-)

: Do you also cycle in winter ? I had a short taste of Helsinki in February
: and it seemed rather slippery.

Yes, this winter I cycled. And Helsinki indeed can be very
slippery. My first attempt to start the season was in February,
after a couple of weeks I got bored of riding perpetual ice...

It seems trikes are somewhat popular in this country, and I am
going to join the crowd soon. Should make the long endurance rides
easier as well...

--
Risto Varanka | http://www.helsinki.fi/~rvaranka/hpv/hpv.html
varis at no spam please iki fi