Old February 21st 05, 05:58 AM
Absent Husband

Default Cheapest way into racing...

"Stop whining, go racing!"

Ha ha - thanks for the blunt approach..... Sorry for the whinging -
but I guess that's why I don't have 'race tyres'; my two jerseys have
lasted me about 10 years; I shelled out BIG MONEY for my Sora groupset;
why my commuter/road/tri bike are all the same, etc, etc... Can be
difficult to justify $200 when you've knocked the kids back on
something even cheaper for their own 'hobby'.....

Luckily for me, its a lot cheaper (but not easier!!) at present to
shave kilos off my arse, than shave grams off my bike!!!!!

I think I'll take the day licence approach for the first few races (see
what I think), then shell out for the club/CQ licence if I get into it.

Many thanks for the info!!
Absent Husband (who probably would shell out for a "Lard Arse" jersey
if he could find an appropriate one...)