Old February 27th 18, 01:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default Shimano Tourney Centerpull brake

On Mon, 26 Feb 2018 22:23:37 +0100, Emanuel Berg
wrote:

Tim McNamara wrote:

The main secret is setting up the saddle wire

There is only one wire what I can see.
And a little arm that connects to it. I guess
that could be a wire on another model instead
of the little arm. By saddle wire, do you mean
the wire-wire or the little arm that could be
a wire?

BTW here we see the advantage of a terminology
poster which John B. ridiculed in another
thread

Hardly ridicule :-) Ever see a terminology poster on the wall of a
shop where people actually knew what they were doing?

I initially trained as a machinist in a shop where actual "Machinists"
worked. The Apprentice Master had gone to work as an apprentice
himself when he was 14 years old and was nearly 70 years old when I
knew him.

Not a poster in sight.

Good brake pads too, the ones with those
brakes are likely to be decades old.

Good point.

This one is a Mustang from Trelleborg. It has
a "Gel" saddle from Bianchi and the Shimano 5SP
Positron shifter with a single chainring front.
Perhaps somewhat surprisingly it has a kickstand
and a rack. The tires are 32-630 or 27x1-1/4.

--
Cheers,

John B.