Old July 21st 08, 07:50 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Bruce Jensen

Default The Bay Trail -- A Disaster for Wildlife

On Jul 20, 7:49*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 12:54:41 -0700 (PDT), Bruce Jensen

wrote:
On Jul 19, 8:45*am, Mike Vandeman wrote:
The Bay Trail -- A Disaster for Wildlife
Michael J. Vandeman, Ph.D., wildlife activisthttp://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
September 21, 2003

We've had this discussion before. *You, and all of your references,
have clearly not paid any attention to the actual situation where the
trail meets the Bayshore, and you have no authority to speak to the
subject. *My offer still stands to take you out there and show you
what the biodiversity is really like. *Until you go out and observe
the abundance of life out there and understand what is really on the
ground, even with the trails in place, your credibility is zero.

Bruce Jensen

That's irrelevant. The issues are (1) the Bay Trail destroying habitat
and (2) increasing human presence making the existing habitat less
useful to the wildlife.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Both of which are substantially incorrect and red herrings.

Bruce Jensen