Old May 16th 11, 08:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

Default I didn't think I'd like a "fixie"...

Tom Lake wrote:

Peter Cole wrote:

I really dislike solid axles, particularly on fixers. I'd simply swap
out the axle for a hollow one with a skewer, makes life much simpler.

Well, yeah... but why do something the easy way when, with a little
imagination, you can make it *much* more difficult?

That seems to work for a subset of my customers, who go to lengths to
remove the brakes their bikes were originally furnished with.

Others pay me to swap in a nutted axle kit rather than learn how to
use a quick release skewer correctly. I have no reason to believe
that they will be better at tightening axle nuts than they were at
tightening their skewers, though.

Chalo