Old October 31st 18, 06:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

Default Why to avoid cycle lanes

On Monday, October 29, 2018 at 7:50:10 PM UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 29/10/2018 17:34, Simon Jester wrote:

In English, a billion is a million millions, so "£10 billion" is really
£10,000,000,000,000.

And is the "£30 billion" you claim motorists pay in excess tax really £30,000,000,000,000?

What are you talking about.

The oft stated claim that motorists are overtaxed to the tune of £30 billion.

No need to answer; I am well aware that the question is too difficult
for you.

And we are back to the playground insults.

Over the last thirty or so years though, the media and government have
moved to the American billion (£1,000,000,000), which of course, is
lower than a real billion by the little matter of a factor of 1,000.

And many people think K=1000 rather than 1024

You never studied Greek at school, did you?

No, and I never studied 'Thieving Scally' either.
I did, however, study Computer Studies.
When I say Computer Studies I mean learning about such computers as existed in the early 80's, not studying how to steal computers as it was taught in Liverpool.