Old May 26th 04, 03:03 AM
Bernie

Default landrider

Filmboard wrote:

\"El Paisano\ wrote:
Sorry for being unclear. I paid $70 for my Olympus Stylus Epic (no zoom)
point-and-shoot film camera. Is there another camera at that price-point
that would be superior? I ask this question because most of the people
reading this group could point you to a superior bike for the same
amount you paid for the Landrider.
Matthew

Nope. Have no recommendation for a better camera in that price range;
you've done great, because you stuck to film in that low-end range. And
I'm sure you don't have a better recommendation for the bike that I
bought from Sears in that price range (which is a true pile of junk.
Look back in this thread, though. Do you see anyone coming forward with
a single recommendation. Don't try to alter my point, which I reiterated
in the prior message. I think this group is negatively over-reactive
about a bike for it sounds to me they have no personal knowledge. No one
offered a suggestion for a better bike. But there were criticisms that
it comes in only one frame size, which is not true. There were
criticisms about the weight, which I've found plenty of other bikes that
weigh the same or more as mine. I'm happy with my Landrider, it gets me
out; I've admitted I may have been able to do better, but I can afford
it, so what's the big deal?

The best point(s) you make about your bike a
1) YOU like it
2) it gets you out
Can't argue with that. In Vancouver BC this year and last year at
least, bike shops are selling beach cruiser bikes like there's no
tomorrow. I'd never consider one, but I believe "each to his own taste"
should always apply. I hope you continue to enjoy the ride.
Bernie